Monday, March 19, 2012

March Madness

For those of you who know me, know I love this time of year. It is full of great things: spring skiing, my birthday, and most importantly the college basketball tournament. It also includes things like camping and hiking. I had planned with my friends to go camping in Goblin Valley.
For the last couple of weeks, the weather has been wonderful. It has tempted me, and made me want to skip class and go explore the great outdoors that Utah has to offer. It was weird though, I didn't go. I think its called being mature, I don't know, whatever, I am kind of bitter about it. The day before we were going to leave for Goblin Valley, we checked the weather and there was a flood warning for that part of the state. I was just...bummed. The one time I didn't want it to rain/snow and it did, after having 2 weeks of beautiful weather. We ended up going to Talyn's parents house and just "kickin' it". We watched a couple of movies, went to one of their friends house (major shootout to that family) and cooked food on their fire pit, and swam at their house. It was awesome to just be lazy. I have to give a big thank you to Camp family for supporting our weekend getaway. The food was great and the times were better.




1 comment:

Talyn said...

One day the camping plans will work out, but until then I'm pretty sure we'll entertain ourselves just fine. If only you had posted the pictures from our wet t-shirt contest and mud-wrestling competition...