Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Compilation of Greatness

Usually near the end of the semester, you don't have any tests to prepare for, just finals. I guess my professors didn't get that memo and instead they love doing just that. I don't understand it but, alas this is what goes on. Fortunately, through effective study times, I am able to figure everything out and participate in some great activities. Adrian (my room mate) and I went up to Park City to go snow board after a great load of powder fell (20 inches!). It was going to be one of the best days this whole season because of how much snow had fallen.

 However, on the first run of the day, Adrian fell and broke his clavicle. It was bad, ergo the awesome xray and video of the fall below.
Is he doing it right?

Everyone knows what happened last week that shook the college-kid infested town of Provo, the movie Hunger Games came out. The way it was discussed on campus, made it seem like something life changing was happening similar to everyone getting A's on their finals or having world peace. Alas, it was neither, and I had to keep studying and praying for both of those to happen. Joking aside, I got a ticket for my birthday from Talyn and her family to go see the movie. This movie experience was a little different then I am used to, but in an awesome way. We had assigned seats, we didn't have to wait in line and the movie was the night that it opened up but we got to see it at 6 pm, so no late night. The movie was pretty good and it was good to have dinner with her family before. 
Waiting for the movie to start 
The lines for the movie at 9 pm for a 12 am showing
Then after a couple of tests were slain, it was time to party it up in Salt Lake all day on Saturday. We got up early and drove to Rio Tinto Stadium where the professional soccer team plays and waited in line for free tickets to the game that night. Yes, you heard me, FREE! We couldn't pass up this wonderful opportunity, but we did pass up on sleep to get the tickets. Instead of driving back to Provo, and then at night returning for the game, we decided to make a day trip about it. We stopped by the Sandy public library so I could get some homework done and then hit up the mall and my favorite, REI. I got a gift card for my birthday and I was anxious to spend it on something. I found some great hiking shorts (they don't make hiking shorts for people that are tall, unless I want them to be the same length as my underwear) and I was willing to spend the gift card and some of my own cash to get it, but then I realized that the dividends would be ready from the last year and that there was a 20% off coupon for any item in the store. REI offers this deal to its members that you get back 10% of everything you spend. I know, they are great. It was the best day ever! Not only did I get the shorts, but I still have my gift card for another day when my dividend runs out. Then we went to the game, and boy was it exciting. We lost 1-0. There were tons of corner kicks but they just never panned out. It helped remind me of how exciting soccer can be, when you are at the game. 

I then had to wake up even earlier the next morning (what happened to sleeping in?) to have a meeting with a general authority on all the other Elder's Quorum Presidents in the stake. Elder Lund made some great points and reminded me why I serve. I know how important the church really is, and what Christ can do for me, if I let Him into my life more.
I have already gotten a 100 on one test yesterday for chemistry, and I have Bio test this week that I should do pretty well on. After that is over with, it's time for more studying (still not for finals, but for other tests), working and watching as much general conference as possible. I can't wait and of course, you guys will here about it next week.

2 comments:

Talyn said...

You forgot to mention that little run-in with your new best friend Boyd! Wasn't that your fav part of the night?

Unknown said...

Not quite but I still think it was a valuable experience...